Petroleum and natural gas refining plant operators
Zimbabwe - Petroleum and natural gas refining plant operators operate and monitor plants and adjust and maintain processing units and equipment which refine, distil and treat petroleum, petroleum-based products and by-products, or natural gas.
- (a) operating electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units
- (b) adjusting equipment, valves, pumps, controls and process equipment
- (c) controlling process start-up and shut-down, troubleshooting and monitoring outside process equipment
- (d) verifying equipment for malfunctions, testing well pipes for leaks and fractures and arranging for maintenance
- (e) analyzing sample products, performing tests, recording data and writing production logs