Accounting and bookkeeping clerks
Zimbabwe - Accounting and bookkeeping clerks compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. They perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- (a) checking figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- (b) operating computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information
- (c) classifying, recording, and summarizing numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- (d) calculating, preparing, and issuing bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- (e) compiling statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses